1) Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting \ crocheting?
Knit only. My Mom tried to teach me when I was a young child and I learned the very basic stitches back then. About 4 years ago I decided I wanted to get in to it again and asked her for some supplies at Christmas. I would say I've truly been a knitter now for about 2 years....
2) Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Yes, so far I have just given them as gifts, but do
3) What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
For dishcloths, Sugar 'n Cream is a good 'ole go-to, but I do love lots of other cottons, including Debbie Bliss, Knit Picks and Lion Brand. I would really love to try some Blue Sky Organic Cotton and Vickie Howell Craft!
4) If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
It really depends on the project, as I use circular, straights and DPNs often. I love good quality wood/bamboo needles and Addi Turbos. I'd love to get my hands on some lovely luxury needles from Lantern Moon, including the sox sticks. I got a pair of Fiddlesticks (size 7's) in July and absolutely love them and would like to find more.
5) What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
I love purples (wine, mulberry), blues and reds ... and I love warm fall colors and jewel tones. I really love the way the button for this exchange looks - beautiful colors! I don't like neon colors or "icky" shades of anything.
6) What do you like best about Autumn?
I love all things autumn, esp. that I live in New England and get to witness the beautiful foligae season first hand! I love the crisp, cooler air and being able to take out sweaters and scarves... I love pumpkin festivals, fall fairs, caramel apples, hot apple cider, cider donuts, warm apple crisp, etc. Autumn is my favorite season if you haven't guessed... and I'm lucky that my birthday falls in there too (Oct 7th)!
7) Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pumpkin please! I do like apple as well and may have a piece of pecan from time to time, but its not usually a first choice.
8) When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Couldn't wait to get started!
9) Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (going along with the fact that autumn is my favorite season and I love all things fall in New England!)
10) If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Are you kidding .. only 3??? Chocolate (mostly milk, some white), peanut butter and sweedish fish. I have a super sweet tooth for chocolate covered gummy bears too!
11) Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
Three of the 4-legged furbaby variety, which you will see all over my blog - Zeus (6 yrs), Lola (5 yrs) and Teutul (4 yrs on Oct 25th). I also have a significant other of 12 years, Matt, who I'm still "raising" as well... :-)
12) If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Well, I just took the "what kind of yarn are you" quiz and it said I was mohair! I'd like to think I'm something a little tougher like superwash wool though... tough, yet still flexible!
13) Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
Both - it depends on the yarn softness and prettiness of the cloth! I need to get or make myself a couple of soap socks though... I don't have any and need some.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
As noted above, I love all things autumn/fall and Thanksgiving actually used to be my most favorite holiday of the whole year... until we lost my Nana (4 years ago this coming November). She passed away just a few days before Thanksgiving and it was truly heartbreaking for me. I still love the holiday and the food can't be beat, but its a "different" time of year for me now.... and I so miss those wonderful Turkey Days at Nana's house all those years growing up.
15) Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?