Sure, that photo of my little devil is 6 years old, but I still adore it...
Now lookie here... another finished object, just in time for FO Friday! I finished the Bulky Open Work Scarf last night (destined to be a Christmas gift)...
I used one skein of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dyed in the Field Mouse colorway - the entire skein... I'll admit that I had to cut off a piece of my cast on tail to make it through the bind off! Guess I should've left out that last 8 row repeat?!?! I do still need to weave in the ends and block it, as you can not see the really cool crochet-like open pattern in these pics, but they will do for now. I have a couple more of these scarves on my planned Christmas Knitting list, so speak up if you like (or don't) it... you never know what's on the list for you!
My team (Deuces Wild) finished first and we each received a small project bag (made by Emily's mom), a set of adorable sour cherry stitch markers and a matching tape measure (adorned with an antique button from Emily's Great Gran's box) - you can click the above photo to enlarge for detail. Thank you Emily - for being crazy enough to host the tag a second time and for an amazing prize package!
Since I didn't get Tut's birthday photos downloaded in time for Dogs on Thursday this week, I'll wait to post them next week, but in the meantime, you can have a little teaser...
Yes, my boy loves his sheep... and was playing a bit of keep-away with his little sister.
I'll leave you with some Friday Fill-Ins...1. My favorite food seasoning is Pampered Chef's Rosemary Herb.
2. Bon Jovi is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is Jimme Johnson (please... not 3 years in a row!).
4. Animal Welfare & Rescue is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people have found me on Facebook this week (find me on MySpace too!).
6. Kleenex, mini Babybel Cheese, snack size bags of chips, Advil, a dog bed, dog treats.... (need I go on? I went to BJ's during lunch break yesterday) was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing nothing (we don't get any trick or treaters at our house), tomorrow my plans include going to CT to meet up with Teri & Brenda for the WVU vs UCONN football game (so happy to see Teri more than once this year!) and Sunday, I want to get some cleaning & organizing done at home (read: purge!)!