Friday, January 29, 2010
1. Wouldn't it be easy to say screw it all and walk away.
2. This season of 24 is proving to be better than ever!
3. I love the taste of chocolate covered strawberries.
4. There is never any place to sit in the living room because the dogs take over the couches.
5. The first thing we're going to do is stop and smell the roses.
6. The kitchen sink constantly goes drip, drip, drip; I can't take it anymore.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a new episode of Ghost Whisperer, tomorrow my plans include a 4 year old's birthday party and Sunday, I want to relax!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tut: "Who me? What's you talking 'bout??" Lola says 'yea, it was you... not me... really!" Sophie "nope, not me... must've been that brother of mine...."
Zeus says "Not me... it was her other brother...I'm just sitting here minding my own business and looking pretty darned handsome, if I do say so myself..." Tut says,"yea whatever..."
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The first one is my favorite, even though its a little blurry...
Don't you just love those ears? Here he is with his human sister... two peas in a pod!
I'm always happy to get photos and updates on our fosters, but its extra special when you have one that is still part of your close circle of friends and you get to see them often!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Joanne Woodward Newman and Newman's Own
What: The Planet Dog Foundation (PDF), Planet Dog's non-profit arm that specializes in grant funding for programs that work with dogs to help people in need, has established a fundraising program to make an emergency donation to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation. The donation will help support the efforts of their teams currently active in Haiti. Their teams train rigorously for years, so they can immediately mobilize in times of unthinkable disasters like this one.
All donations (up to $1,500) made to the Planet Dog Foundation to help support the work of the life-saving dogs in the Haiti rescue efforts will be matched by the Planet Dog Foundation. Joanne Woodward Newman and Newman's Own Foundation, will then match PDF's total contribution to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation. That means that every single contribution to PDF will be quadrupled!
To learn more about the work of these incredible dogs and see daily updates on their successes on the ground in Haiti, visit Search Dog Foundation
When: The fundraising drive ends on February 8th. PDF will send the donation to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation on February 10th. Joanne Woodward Newman and Newman's Own Foundation will match the PDF gift on February 15th.
How: Donations can be made at the Planet Dog Company Store located at 211 Marginal Way in Portland. They can also be mailed to PDF to 49 York Street, Portland, ME 04101 along with the PDF donation form found online. Donors should indicate the gift is for the Matching Grant Program for Haiti.
Who: Planet Dog, the Portland-based designer, developer and retailer of award-winning and socially responsible products for dogs, is proud to donate 2% of every sale to the Planet Dog Foundation (PDF). PDF provides cash grants to non-profit programs throughout the country that train, place and support dogs who help people in need. Since 2006, PDF has given away more than a half a million dollars in cash grants and in-kind product donations.
Friday, January 22, 2010
1. You have a chance to do the right thing, but history proves you won't.
2. I want to be home hanging out with my furbabies right now!
3. There is a a tyrant on the loose.
4. Rack up the bills now and pay later, isn't that the American way?
5. It's time to find something new.
6. This year's vacation plans are up in the air but hopefully I'll still get to see everyone, even if its a few months later than usual.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the Hope For Haiti Now telethon, tomorrow my plans include going to see my honey's band play and Sunday, I want to watch some playoff football! I could care less about the Jets/Colts game - hate them both! Now that my Pats aren't in it, I'm all for either the Saints (they do deserve it) or Vikings (Brett doing "Pants on the Ground" after last week's win was priceless) winning the Superbowl!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
The kids have been thrilled with all the snow this week and Mommy's got the pictures to prove it!
My snowbunny Lola...
For all my Thursday doggy readers, you'll find some more "winter
If Lola is the snowbunny, I guess that makes Sophie the snow princess...
Tut loves zipping around in the white stuff...
"If Sophie's the snow princess, then I am the snow King Tut..."
Zeus was looking for his winter birdie friends (ssh! don't tell him Bad Mommy forgot to fill the feeders)...
"Mommy, mummy, ma... did youz cez dem??? They flewz over datta way! I getz em!"
"Okayz Mum... I comz in now...but I don't wanna!"
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
We had the second to last leg of his 2 day journey (the last one was actually his foster Mom taking him home), so Sully was a bit tired by the time he reached us. That didn't stop his curiosity however... he really enjoyed riding and watching out the window.
Sully, ready for his close up... has he stolen your heart yet?
He's a wonderful boy looking for his forever home, so if you know anyone interested please pass his information along to them. Today was another snow day here... Thankfully the drive wasn't like yesterday, but it did snow all day... Hard to believe it was 50 degrees this past Saturday!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Once I crossed into the next town the roads got a tiny bit better, but not much.
We did the second to last leg of Sully's transport last night and fortunately got home well before the real snow started. Sully was an absolute love and was wonderful in the car (poor guy had been riding for two days). I did take some pictures of him (although it was dark and he was a bit tired) and they will be coming soon, promise! In the meantime, check out his Petfinder page! Anyone interested in an adorable 2 year old male brittany that's full of kisses and love for his new family?