Merrick Summer Seasonal Recipes Where to Find: Merrick
Merrick is well known for their seasonal recipes, some of which have become much sought after favorites and are often scooped up in bulk once they hit store shelves. In fact, the Lapdogs stocked up on some of this season's past holiday favorites almost the same way as their humans
Merrick really knows how to make sure our furbabies are included when it comes time to plan holiday meals. Just as we humans wait all year long for those favorite dishes made only for "special occasions," thanks to Merrick, now our furkids do as well. Perhaps your pup longs for fall's Game Day Tailgate? Maybe his favorite thing about Christmas is the Festive Holiday Stew? Does she sit pretty in her Easter bonnet knowing that her reward will be a tasty Easter Brunch? Or, maybe there's extra kisses involved when you get out the can of Love Potion #9?
When it came time to release their summer offerings this year, Merrick certainly did not disappoint. You'll find not one, not two... but four delicious recipes on store shelves - including two brand new recipes!
- Surf N’ Turf USA - new flavor!
- Now our dogs can enjoy the same great summer staple that we do - surf 'n turf! This recipe includes deboned beef, deboned salmon, shrimp, potatoes, and green beans in a yummy gravy.
- Summer Lovin’ Stew - new flavor!
- I'd call this one "summer on a plate." Includes deboned chicken, blueberries, potatoes, and red apples.
- Hot Off The Grill - back for a second summer!
- I love the name of this one, which came from a Petco store associate. This ones sounds like the perfect summer dinner to me... deboned chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, potatoes, and peas in gravy.
- Star Spangled Supper - back for a second summer!
- This one was involved in another "name that recipe" contest, with the winner coming from a Merrick Facebook fan. Deboned beef is the star, along side bacon, sweet potatoes, and Yukon Gold potatoes.
All four of the Summer Seasonal Recipes are grain free, and feature a balance of high-quality meat, poultry, fruits and vegetables. Not only are they a great choice for all breeds and all life stages, but because of the limited ingredients, they are also a good choice for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities. And, of course, all of Merrick's canned recipes are Made in the USA.
The Lapdogs, who get just a small amount of wet food mixed in with their dinner, are thoroughly enjoying all four of the summer offerings. And, I love that I get to mix things up a little for them with some quality, nutritious options.
Grab the Summer Seasonal Recipes while you can... and don't be afraid to stock up on your dog's favorite. After all, who doesn't love a good grilled stew in the middle of winter?