Where to Find: Earth Heart Inc.
Although the calendar may not say so, summer is here - it is after Memorial Day and all! Are you and your dog ready for outdoor activities? Perhaps you've picked up a new leash and harness for hiking, or a water bowl for camping? What about the insect repellent?
We recently received two products from Earth Heart, Buzz Guard and Guard Well. We're going to tell you all about Buzz Guard today, and in a couple weeks we'll introduce you to Guard Well.
Buzz Guard is a natural mist that can safely and effectively improve your dog's comfort during outdoor activities. Created with safe pure essential oils and neem seed oil, this is not your average "bug spray" by any means. Buzz Guard is...
- Water Based - which means it won't stain clothing or make fur sticky
- Easy to Use - simply spray it onto your hands and massage onto your dog or spray it onto a bandanna placed around your dog's neck
- Effective - has been favorably field tested in a variety of settings, from woodlands to wetlands
- Safe - family & puppy friendly (from 8 weeks)
- Responsible - packaged in a BPA-free recyclable container
- Economical - a 2 ounce bottle contains approximately 600 mists and at a cost of $12.98 per bottle, outdoor comfort for your pooch will cost less than .50 per use
- Made in the USA - always a key factor for me when it comes to what I feed my dogs, and just as important when it comes to what I spray on my dogs
We tested Buzz Guard out with Lola during a Memorial Day cookout and I have to say, I was very pleased with the results. The scent is very pleasant to both humans and dogs (a very light citronella) and it was extremely easy to use. I sprayed it directly on Lola and gave her a little massage, which made her quite the happy camper. She was even happier to not be bothered by pesky flies and mosquitoes all afternoon! With 6 kids running around the yard and 2 babies present, I felt great knowing that not only was my dog safe, but so were they (you know kids... they "shared" their food with the big puppy, stuck their hands in their mouths after petting her and all that good stuff)!
I would highly recommend Buzz Guard if you're looking to improve your dog's comfort this summer in a safe, effective way. And did I mention how nice it smells? You might want to use it on yourself as well!
To help keep your dog healthy this summer, the folks at Earth Heart are graciously offering my readers 20% off your online order of not only Buzz Guard and Guard Well (which we will be posting our review of in the coming weeks), but also Canine Calm or Travel Calm. Visit earthheartinc.com to order and enter the code LAPDOG at checkout. This special discount offer expires August 31, 2013.
The Earth Heart folks are so gracious, they even let me host a giveaway! If you place an order and then win, you can always have a spare bottle to leave in your purse / dog bag... or you can pay it forward to another Fur-Mama!
GIVEAWAY! How would you like to win a bottle of Buzz Guard? Thanks to the great folks at Earth Heart, we have one to give to a lucky reader! To enter:
1) Follow Lapdog Creations publicly (see "Followers" on the side bar)
2) Leave a comment below telling us why you need Buzz Guard!
3) Get a bonus entry for liking the Earth Heart Facebook page. Just leave a separate comment here telling us you did, along with your Facebook name.
To be eligible to win, you must complete the first two steps above. Please be sure your entry includes a way to contact you (i.e. link to your blog or include your email address).
** Pass along the giveaway and 20% off coupon to your friends by blogging, Tweeting, and Facebook posting this review. Tell them to mention your name when they enter and you'll receive another bonus entry! **
Winner will be selected by random number generator. Deadline for entries is Monday, June 10th at 11:59pm EST (midnight)
Disclosure: Earth Heart sent a bottle of Buzz Guard to Lapdog Creations, free of charge for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review and all opinions expressed are my own