Let's be honest... How many of you would say your dogs eat better than you do? Are you nodding your head? Raising your hand? Hiding in shame?
While we try our best to make healthy lifestyle choices, namely to eat better, sometimes life just gets in the way. Perhaps you got home late from work and instead of cooking that meal from scratch as you had planned, you find yourself perusing thru the take-out menus? Sure, you might have some healthy options in there, but chances are you find yourself ordering whatever is quickest... or cheapest.
Now, picture what your pets would eat on days like this if you had to cook their meals as well. You wouldn't even think about feeding take-out "junk" to your dog, would you? Then, why would you think about feeding him "junk food" just because it comes in a bag that says "dog kibble" on it?
While some people do cook all of their dog's food on a regular basis, I'm not one of them. Sure, if I had all the time in the world and a degree in animal nutrition, you bet I would. But, reality is, I don't have either.
Fortunately, companies like Hill's hire experts who do have the time and the knowledge to develop great options like Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Crafted™. While it might not be cooked in your own kitchen, the Hill's team of highly trained Veterinary Nutritionists deliver the ultimate in nutrition for your pet, along with that home cooked feel.
Ideal Balance Crafted is prepared the you would make your dog's food if you could...
- Made in the USA
- Crafted in small batches - just they way you would at home
- Oven roasted at 400 degrees until the kibble is perfectly delicious
- Without wheat, corn or soy
- Without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- With natural ingredients
- High quality proteins like trout, salmon and chicken
- Fruits & vegetables to help strengthen your pets immune system
- Chickpeas, a grain-free, gluten-free legume, to help maintain lean, healthy muscle
- Ancient grains such as quinoa, buckwheat and oats
With the recent popularity of ancient grains for humans, I was very intrigued to learn about HIll's incorporating them into pet food. We see quinoa on the store shelves and in more and more recipes every day, but what are the benefits of these "ancient grains" and, better yet, how can they benefit our pets?
- They are high in fiber
- They are rich in mineral content
- They help support healthy digestion
- They are a gluten-free source of energy (another big buzz topic these days)
- They provide some very tasty options in place of the traditional whole grains we're used to
- They have many additional health benefits, including overall heart health, as well as decreasing ones risk of diabetes and preventing gallstones. Quinoa is even said to help with migraines.
Ancient grains are certainly very beneficial in both our diets, as well as our pets. But, would I have thought to include them in my pack's food if I were cooking for them at home? Probably not... the same as so many other pet food companies who either have not thought about it, or just aren't proactive enough to develop such innovative recipes as Hill's has.
Again, why would you feed your dog "junk food" when you know you can easily get high quality nutrition for him? From state to finish, the folks at Hill's take the time to cook for your pet the way you would - if you could. Their unique approach to pet food results in a 100% balanced, high-quality meal for your pet that is conveniently available at your favorite pet specialty store and many vet offices, as well as at Pet 360.
Connect with Hill's: Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest