Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is a popular one this week, 10 Things For Which I Am Thankful...
1. Matt... see honey, you really do come before the dogs. :)
2. Our furkids... Their unconditional love is unmatched.
3. My immediate and extended family... Although we have disagreements, we are family and life is simply too short to hold a grudge. That really hit home with the recent passing of my Aunt/Godmother.
4. Friends who encourage and support me... I can't thank them enough for listening to me, giving me good advice when I need it ("You can't reason with unreasonable people." - TS), and just being there.
5. Knitting... It keeps me sane in an insane world. Sometimes repetitive stockinette stitch - and a glass of wine - is just what the doctor ordered. Not to mention it's something I can share with my Mom and my Mom-Sue, as well as many great friends!
6. Photography... Whether I'm snapping away with my phone, point and shoot or Nikon, I just love taking photos. Bonus thanks for the birth of Instagram!
7. Our foster family... It is not easy to foster pups, but the joy in knowing you've helped to save a life means so much. While our hearts may ache each time we pass one on to their forever family, it's a small (selfish) price to pay. We have a new foster baby this week, Lambchop, who was saved from a kill shelter along with her brother and sister. If the rescue hadn't stepped in when they did, these beautiful pups would have died without ever knowing what it's like to be loved and part of a family. Bonus thanks for for the updates, photos and videos that our foster families send to us, as well as for those fun doggy play dates we get to have with some of them! It's truly amazing to see our extended furry family grow up!
8. Blogging... I love blogging and I love reviewing products, and I'm super thankful for people like you who actually care to read what I write!
9. Learning the art of a budget... I've been out of work for much of 2012 and never has a budget played such an important role in my life. I've truly learned the difference between want and need and I've learned I can live without a lot of the frills.
10. Not being hungry... Although I've been out of work, we are able to function and have food on our table, something that so many others aren't so fortunate enough to have this year.
A little side note... check out my post yesterday about Treat and send a free personalized card to a special someone. Just hurry... the code is only good through the end of the day today. These cards are fun to create and very special to receive in the mail!