Where to Find: PupJoy
These days it seems it's all about the box. ... All 'bout that box, 'bout that box, no parcel ...
Uh, um, sorry 'bout that, let's get back to our regularly scheduled post...
It seems as though there is a monthly box for just about everything these days... candy, beauty products, yarn, snacks, jewelry, and yes, dog products. The trouble with some of these subscription services is that you get the exact same box full of stuff that everyone else gets. Whether you enjoy gummy candy while they like lollipops, or you only knit with lightweight yarn while they prefer bulky, you're all getting the same one-size-fits-all box. In my experience, this has been especially true when it comes to dog product boxes. Little, if any, custom options were available. It didn't matter if you were a doggy Mama with a little boy or a big girl, you got whatever they sent.
There's got to be a better way, right?
Enter PupJoy, the "better box."
"A monthly box of bliss for your dog. Customized by you and hand selected by us, our innovative PupJoy Box resets the bar for dog subscription services, with fully customized ordering, concierge service and free home delivery. Your dog isn't a one-size fits all, or a three-size fits most; she's your best friend. So treat her to a personalized box today." - PupJoy
At PupJoy, it's all about customization and a modern concierge model that combines convenience, control and value. The process I went through to create the Lapdogs' box was simple, yet left me feeling as though we were truly going to get a box of stuff we would use and enjoy - not more stuff to toss in the "donate" pile.
The steps we took to get the box you see here were:
- Is this a gift order? Yes or No
- Box Size: Uno (perfect for your only-child pup, 3-4 items) / Grande (ideal for big appetite or multiple dogs, 4-6 items)
- Box Type: Treats, Toys & Accessories / Toys & Accessories Only / Treats Only
- Treats, Toys & Accessories
- Payment Plan: Month to Month ($39/mo) / 3 Months ($36/mo*) / 6 Months ($33/mo*) / 12 Months ($30/mo*) - *all multiple month plans must be paid up front
- We received one month free for this review
- Your Dog(s) Treat Preference: Gourmet (curated selections of artisan treats) / Grain Free Gourmet (grain free treats only)
- Grain Free Gourmet
- Preferred Collar Size: Extra Small (5-10") / Small (10-15") / Medium (15-20") / Large (20-25") / Extra Large (25-30")
- Your Dog(s) Toy Needs: Egalitarian (good with all toys, low maintenance) / Inquisitive (so curious that I pull apart all of the soft ones to find out what's inside) / Sensitive (just soft and plushy for me - I snuggle, not destroy)
Once you complete those options, you are then asked to enter the name, birthday, gender and size of each of your furkids. After you check out, all that's left is to wait by the mailbox for your customiized PupJoy box to arrive!
Inside of our Grande, Egalitarian, Grain Free, Treats Toys & Accessories PupJoy box, we found the following:
1) Sam's Yams Bichon Fries. We are familiar with this brand of sweet potato treats, as we used to buy the large size "Big Boyz." They are Made in the USA from USDA-inspected sweet potatoes - yum!
2) Whole Life Freeze-Dried Fresh Pure Chicken. This is a new-to-us brand and I loved learning about their "Farm to Friend" philosophy.
3) Whole Life Freeze -Dried Fresh Pure Beef Liver. Normally I'd say if you're going to put 3 bags of treats in 1 box, I'd like to see 3 different brands... but the Lapdogs are hushing their Mama because they love these freeze-dried treats. I certainly can't complain, especially with these.
4) Pet Flys Perfect World Pets Elephant. This squeaky little guy (or gal?) is not only adorable, it is for a good cause too! Proceeds from the Perfect World Pets line help support homeless pets.
5) Medium size blue collar from Bait Free. I have seen these in other posts about PupJoy boxes and it seems as though everyone else received a collar and matching leash, except for us. hmprf Regardless, I love what Bait Free stands for - they donate 20% of proceeds to rescued bait dogs. I will be checking out this brand more!
All in all, we loved our PupJoy box. Having the ability to customize a monthly subscription service on so many different levels is wonderful. The Lapdogs and I highly recommend PupJoy if you're thinking about getting a subscription for your pup. Of course, Tut wants me to remind you that subscriptions also make great gifts.
So... are you ready to give PupJoy a try? How about if I told you that you'll save 10% when you click here? Just use coupon code LAPDOGCREATIONS at check out for 10% off your order! Your pup will thank you...