While it may seem a little silly, because we all know that pet parents love their pets each and every day, it is fun to celebrate! After all, didn't we just celebrate Valentine's Day... and shouldn't you love your significant other the rest of the year too?
On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day. This holiday is a day set aside to give extra attention to and pamper your pets. This is a good day to focus on the special relationship that you have with your pets. -National Day CalendarNo matter what type of pet has stolen your heart, here are some ideas of what you can do to celebrate today.
Ways to Celebrate National Love Your Pet Day
- Take them for a longer walk or explore someplace new
- Give them extra attention / petting
- Have your own little selfie photo session
- Take them outside for a romp in the snow or a walk on the beach, depending on your location
- Get your DIY on and make them a special new toy - check out our fleece tug toy tutorial or visit Pinterest for more ideas
- Take them for a car ride
- Sign them up for a fun class - Penny can't get enough of her nosework
- Get them a new bed
- Make them a special treat
- Take them on a playdate
- Buy them a fun new collar
No matter what you do - or don't do (no pressure!) - just enjoy it... and love your pet today, and every day!