"Puppies are the most trusting and joyous creatures on the planet. Oh, to be more like a puppy." - Colleen Paige
Whenever possible, please, make adoption your first option!
Around here we celebrate puppies every single day... and by puppies, we mean dogs of all ages! After all, they will always be known as "puppies," right?
We've compiled a list of some things you can do to celebrate today.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase, we may receive a few pennies to assist in maintaining this blog.
Ways You Can Celebrate National Puppy Day
- Adopt a puppy from a shelter or rescue
- Buy your pup a Puppy Kong Toy and stuff it with yummy treats
- Volunteer at your local shelter - they might even need you to walk some dogs
- Get your puppy an ID Tag for her collar - we love Red Dingo engraved stainless steel tags
- Donate to your local shelter (money, food, bedding and toys are always needed)
- Sign your puppy up for a training class - it's a great way to bond
- Have a fun selfie photo session with your pup - give the Smartphone Attachment Selfie Stick for Pets a try
- Take your puppy shopping - while there are always pet stores to explore, did you know that several big box stores like Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Bass Pro Shop, Lowes, TJ Maxx and Barnes and Noble are dog friendly (*policies can vary by location, so be sure to ask at your local store)
- Play with your puppy - act as silly as you want, he won't care
- Summer is coming and so are those strong UV rays - be prepared with a Gold Paw Sun Shield Dog Tee for your pup
- Schedule a wellness vet visit or grooming session for your puppy
- Host a puppy playdate and invite all of your friends
- Take your puppy on a new adventure - make sure you have a good leash
- Spring has arrived - make sure your backyard is puppy proof
- Has your puppy left a stubborn stain on your carpet? Start your spring cleaning with Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover
- Seek out new places to walk with your puppy - perhaps you have some great trails nearby that you've yet to explore
We could go on and on with this list... but you get the picture. Just spend some quality time with your puppy, and do whatever you can to help the homeless pups who are currently awaiting forever homes... today and every day!