Teutul is just over half way through the FortiFlora challenge!
To refresh your memory, our friends at Chewy asked us to participate in a 30-day challenge with Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora. We began our challenge at the beginning of the month - ironically timed with Tut's pancreatitis diagnosis.
For the past few weeks, we have been adding a packet of FortiFlora to Tut's dinner every night. I'm not sure if he can taste the FortiFlora or not, but he happily gobbles up his food, then will spend at least an extra 30 seconds licking the bowl clean.
One of the things I love most about FortiFlora is the fact that it is so incredibly easy to use - whether you're at home or traveling. There are no pills to conceal in peanut butter, and no dosages to measure out. FortiFlora is conveniently packaged in single dose packets that you simply open up and sprinkle on your dog's food once a day.
Yes, it is as easy as that!
Some Key Benefits of FortiFlora
- Helps reduce flatulence in dogs (and let me tell you - just after we received Tut's diagnosis of pancreatitis, he had the most awful gas ever! Not sure exactly what caused it, but I'm happy to report it's gone!)
- Contains guaranteed amounts of live active cultures
- Microencapsulated probiotics, which guarantees that they arrive alive in your pet's digestive tract
- Proven to promote intestinal health & balance
- Contains antioxidant vitamins E, C and beta-carotene which have been shown to support a strong immune system
- Tastes great and has excellent palatability (like I said, he loves it, so who am I to argue with this claim)
- Easy to feed - just sprinkle on your pet's food
In addition to incorporating FortiFlora into Tut's daily diet, we have also been working on a slow switch from a bland diet to a new low-fat kibble, which we will tell you all about in an upcoming post!
The verdict at the half-way point of our 30 day challenge: using FortiFlora on a daily basis has proven to be beneficial! Whether your dog has been diagnosed with digestive issues or not, this is a wonderful product to use regularly. The supplement has been proven to promote intestinal health and balance - a benefit to everyone!
Grab a box for your dog (or cat, as there is a Feline version available as well) at Chewy where 1-2 day shipping is always free on orders of $49 or more! Plus, you can set up an auto-ship of FortiFlora (and thousands of other items, including food and treats) and not only save time, but money as well!
Thank you again to our friends at Chewy for setting us up on this 30-day challenge! We'll report back with our final thoughts in a couple of weeks.