1. It's FALL - My favorite season of all!
2. October - My favorite month of all. The weather is superb, there's a long weekend in the mix, Halloween is fun and my Mom, Teutul & I get to celebrate birthdays.
3. Foliage - Nothing beats New England foliage.
4. Pumpkins - They're a great decoration, but taste even better... coffee, ice cream, pie, roasted pumpkin seeds, pancakes, donuts....
5. Knitting - While I do knit year-round, fall gets me in the mood to get those needles clicking faster and wrap the ones I love in hand-knits...
6. Festivals/Farm Stands/Apple Orchards/Corn Mazes - What better way to spend a crisp fall day outside?
7. Socks - Fall is the official start of hand-knit sock weather!
8. Football Season - I love football, especially my Patriots!
9. Comfort Food - Soups, stews, roasts..... yum-o! What better way to spend a rainy fall Sunday than inside watching football with the ones you love and something delish in the crock pot?
10. Cuddly Dogs - Cooler temps definitely make for cuddlier lapdogs. They love to cuddle while we're watching TV and if they fall in the right spot (or take over their Daddy's shoulder as the girls demonstrate below), I can usually get some knitting in as well.
I could go on and on with more things to love about fall, but I'll stop at 10 and leave you with a couple of old Halloween photos...