by Leanne Prouse
Hardcover: 160 pages
Publisher: Sixth&Spring Books (October 5, 2010)
Are you looking for some fresh ideas to add to your holiday gift knitting this year? Check out Knitting at Home: 60 Classics from Ella Rae Designs and let the creativity flow. There is something special about handcrafting things for your home - or the home of loved ones - and there is no better place to be surrounded by items made with love.
Knitting can be incorporated into the decor of any room, whether in a practical or whimsical way and Leanne Prouse, creator of Ella Rae yarns, shows us how through her collection of over 60 timeless projects in Knitting at Home. Knitters of all skill levels will find designs to create while being inspired through this pattern book-turned-home decorating guide. Grab a copy, your favorite beverage and relax on the couch as you flip through the endless pages of inspiration and get those needle clicking away on cozy home projects!
Knitting at Home is organized into six sections: A Room for Living, A Room for Relaxing, A Room for Sharing, A Room for Retreating, A Room for Little Ones and It's the Weekend. Patterns include everything from throws and children's sweaters to fingerless gloves and coffee cozies to housecoats and pillows to slippers and toys. The photography throughout the book is beautiful and truly shows off the loving comfort of handknits. The ideas for creating a comfortable home environment through handknits will flow beyond your imaginatgion.
Some of my personal favorite patterns include:
- Hooded House Coat - I live in comfy sweats during the winter months, but this easy-fit house coat would make comfy just a little more stylish
- Patchwork Throw - this is not your Grandmother's sampler blanket, yet it's still refined and has that "made with love" look about it when you drape it across a chair
- Trellis Stitch Pillow - a pretty little pillow that will add a special splash of color to any room
- Baby Slippers - the cutest little felted slippers you ever did see!
- Cable Cot Blanket - a classic cabled baby blanket that screams "made with love"
About the Author: Leanne Prouse is one of Australia's top knitwear designers. She has been designing for more than 20 years and has had her own line of yarns for over 5 years. Before launching the Ella Rae brand, Leanne was the head designer at Jo Sharp yarns. She is known for her simple, classic designs for women, children and the home and has published 16 books of patterns.