Did you hear? The ASPCA just celebrated it's 150th Anniversary last month!
In honor of this important milestone, the ASPCA has launched 150 Days of Rescue, a national campaign seeking to unite the country in making a difference in the lives of homeless and abused animals.
Animal lovers are encouraged to visit ASPCA.org/150days and pledge their time between April 10 and September 7 to help animals in need, with the goal of reaching 150,000 actions for animals in 150 days.
What You Can Do
- Volunteer at a local shelter
- Become a foster parent
- Adopt a shelter pet - #AdoptDontShop
- Donate money or supplies to your local shelter, or directly to the ASPCA
- Raise money through virtual fundraisers or in person events
- Raise $150 or more by 12/31/16 and you can receive a limited edition ASPCA 150th Anniversary Pride Pack!
- Talk to your friends & family about animal welfare issues
- Join Team ASPCA at one of their major athletic events across the country
- Contact your local government officials about animal welfare issues
Plus, animal lovers who log their good deed will also be given the opportunity to nominate their favorite animal shelter to receive a grant prize of $150,000!
We are huge advocates for animal rescue and welfare, and have been supporting the ASPCA for many years. I have been involved in dog rescue for nearly 10 years, doing everything from fundraising and marketing to application processing and transporting dogs. We have also fostered and helped to find forever homes for many dogs, including two you might recognize.
Teutul was our first attempt at fostering, and quickly became our first "foster failure." Sophie came along a few years later and never left. I like to say she chose us.
Prior to fostering, we adopted Lola who has since crossed the Bridge. And a year ago, we adopted Penny.
You can say that I've already crossed many of the items off of my personal "What You Can Do" list, but that won't stop me from doing more!
Did You Know
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (better know as the ASPCA) was the first humane society to be established in North America and is one of the largest in the world.
- The ASPCA was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans and must be protected under the law.
- The ASPCA, headquartered in New York City, is a privately funded 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation with more than 2 million supporters across the country.
To help you celebrate, we are giving away a special ASPCA 150th Gift Pack to one lucky winner! The Gift Pack contains:
- ASPCA 150th Beach Ball
- ASPCA 150th Towel
- ASPCA 150th Luggage Tag
- ASPCA Frisbee
- ASPCA Tote
Mandatory entry is to answer a question in the comments section on this post - click on the Rafflecopter widget first to find out what that question is!
After you complete the mandatory entry, several bonus entries will open up.
Open to US residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway