All photos are from my container garden this spring/summer. I'm growing three varieties this year; Container, Beefmaster and Grape. I've had a few funky looking ones growing, even one complete with a horn!
1. Right off the vine.... especially the grape tomatoes! You can't get any more pure and simple than this.
2. Caprese salad. Is there any better combination than tomatoes, mozzarella and basil dressed in EVOO? I also like to add a splash of balsamic vinegar to mine. It tastes even better when the tomatoes and basil have been freshly picked from your own garden. I have a tub of mozzarella in the fridge to make some this week.
3. Aunt Peggy's Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad from Paula Deen. You can find the recipe here - it couldn't be easier (or faster) to make and has become one of my go-to side dishes.
4. A classic BLT. mmm... so good, I could go for one right now!
5. Bruschetta. There's no better way to dress crusty bread.
6. Grilled cheese with thinly sliced tomato, onion and pickle. My Nana always made this for me for lunch and after school snacks. It reminds me of her and makes me smile.
7. Stuffed with tuna salad. It makes a really refreshing lunch on a hot summer day.
8. My Mom's go-to pasta salad made with elbow mac, tomatoes, cucumbers and tuna. This is also very refreshing on hot, muggy summer days. Sometimes I use canned chicken instead of tuna to change it up a bit.
9. Salsa. I'm not a spicy foods girl, but I do love my mild salsa with tortilla chips!
10. And of course, in a regular salad... garden, chef or topped with steak tips are my favorites.