My Brown Newfies reminded us about My Dog is Cool and the pledge today. While we have taken the pledge, we haven't taken our pictures yet, but will do that asap.
Will you join us in pledging to keep your pack safe, as well as to help educate others? I printed off these flyers to keep on hand last year and have just done the same again. I am glad that I only had to leave a handful on cars last year, and just hope that number doesn't increase. There was one instance when I had to go inside of a store and have a woman paged while another good samaritan tried to break into her car to get the poor little painting dog out on a sweltering day. The woman was none too pleased and swore at us, told us we didn't know what we were talking about, her overheated dog was just fine, etc. But you know what? When I followed her to the next store, ready to call the police if she left that poor dog in the boiling car again, she got out, looked at me as if to say "OK, I get it" and took her dog into the store with her. Hopefully the education lesson stuck with her.
OK, time for some Friday Fill-Ins...
1. One of my favorite birthday presents was my emerald ring that we had custom set in white gold (instead of yellow)... or wait, was that a Christmas present??? oh boy... .
2. Thomas saved and we won 4-0, it was as simple as that.
3. The moon always rises.
4. The NHL.com order I placed yesterday morning includes our Stanley Cup Champions official locker room hats, a keychain and a few tees for me. (Dear NHL, please ship ... fast!)
5. I was tempted by ice cream.
6. Explore, see/do new things, eat the local cuisine, relax and find a LYS (where they hopefully have some locally spun, dyed or otherwise made yarn or notions to take home) are some of the things I like to do on vacation.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to catching up on sleep, tomorrow my plans include a parade and a fundraiser and Sunday, I want to have great weather for a great day of racing!